iOS 9 beta - how to leave beta program?!

any good workaround how to keep iOS 9 and leaving the beta program?

maybe wait til sept. 16th release date of the official iOS 9?

thanks for any help,

nikolaus

Answered by Max108 in 55947022
  1. Unenroll from the Beta Program by going to https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll and use the link at the bottom.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Profiles. Select Apple Beta Profile, scroll down and hit delete, then yes on the confirmation.
  3. Just in case your iDevice already downloaded the iOS 9.1 update, check Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. If you see the iOS 9.1 beta there then select it and delete.

Then later today, when the final iOS 9.0 is released, you'll be offered to update to it OTA.

Hi Nikolaus,

It makes a big difference if you are currently on iOS 9.0 Public Beta 3 or iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1.

Which are you on?

-Max

luckily 9.0, the last one before 9.1.

did not install it yet.

you know a solution?

It's good that you didn't install iOS 9.1 yet.

Accepted Answer
  1. Unenroll from the Beta Program by going to https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll and use the link at the bottom.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Profiles. Select Apple Beta Profile, scroll down and hit delete, then yes on the confirmation.
  3. Just in case your iDevice already downloaded the iOS 9.1 update, check Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. If you see the iOS 9.1 beta there then select it and delete.

Then later today, when the final iOS 9.0 is released, you'll be offered to update to it OTA.

thanks max!

it works perfectly!

hope leaving OS X beta wil be just as easy!

nikolaus

I did the same, but i am still getting the update of ios9.1 public beta 1. I do not have any backup of ios8.4 What should i do? Should i enrol back to the beta program?

What have you done exectly? You had any backup of 8.4

Double check that all the steps are done properly and then restart your iDevice.

Yes, I checked it, I unenrolled so my feedback assistant app is missing now. Deleted the profile and the option of profile is missing. And i checked I do not have any ios9.1 beta 1. So restarting my phone is what I have to do now? And I do not have any backup. Will it cause any problem?

It's always good to have a backup - make one on iTunes. But you can safely restart your phone - it won't wipe it or anything.

I must tell you that i can not make any backup, neither i have one of ios8.14 nor i can make one of 9.0 beta 3. What i will now do is restart my device. I was just worried because i some where read that after deleting profile the idevice will hang on a pop up menu that beta version expired? Is it safe to reboot?

Yes, it's safe. That was referring to PB 1. PB 3 hasn't expired yet

Thank you. I will restart my device now!! Will let you know once i am done!

Reboot did nothing, still getting a popup menu that says update from ios 9 beta. And in software update it will not show anything but error checking for update!!

Is it "Software Update Failed An error occurred downloading iOS9"?

Because lots of people are getting that - just keep trying or wait a bit for the frenzied demands on the servers to die down - people report that same error every time there's a new beta - it's just a matter of persistence or waiting.

No it is error occurred while checking for update. And when i unlock my device it says new ios version available upgrade from ios9 beta.

Is it still 9.1 that it is offering you? Or is it offering you the final release of 9.0?

It is offering nothing, it just shows error while checking for spftware update. If u will share your email id, i can send the screenshots.

It's okay - I believe you 🙂.

Please reset your iDevice by holding the home and power buttons together until the screen goes black (don't worry - you won't get locked out).

Okay! Will do that now.

It did nothing, still facing the same problems? I want to know what will happen if PB3 expires. And is there any chance that i can enroll back to beta program to be on a safe side?

Yes, you can enroll back into the Beta program to aviod PB3 expiring on you, but first you should try connecting your iDevice to iTunes and seeing what it offers you automatically or, if it doesn't offer you any update automatically, then click on "Update" in iTunes and see what it offers you then.

When PB3 will expire? I will connect to itunes as soon as possible and will let you know.

That information is not publicly available and so I don't have it. You've probably got a few days at least...

Okay! Thanks

iOS 9 beta - how to leave beta program?!

Q