Warning: Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Hi all,

Today I received warning from Apple:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Probid Direct". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

But I did check carefully, I didn't use Push API in my app, in AppDelegate, I didn't touch to Push, no register, no remote Receive msg....

So why Apple said that? They scan source code automatically?

Can you help me how to check Push API in my code and remove it, please?

Thanks a lot!

Replies

I have received this as well in a beta app that does not use the push framework.

It is a warning only, and I would assume a bug in the Apple API usage scanning code.

My guess is it can be safely ignored and will disappear when that bug is fixed.

I also guess that it is a (new) bug in Apples checking system. I uploaded an app yesterday and got this message. This app has been updated at least 30 times without any problems. I didn't add any push notification code in the last version and I don't use any frameworks like PhoneGap or Cordova that could cause this message. I have searched the app for push notification code without finding anything. It doesn't appear under notifications on the device.

I also tried to upload the previous version that was approved in July (and didn't generate an email). This this time I got the warning email also for this version. So I think that Apple is wrong and I will take my chances and hope it will be approved despite the warning.

I'm getting the same error as you. I can't see any sign about "push notification" in my code and my provisioning profile neither.

Fortunatly it's just a warning, and hope it will not block the approbation processus.

I am having the same issue. I think Flurry's most recent API is causing it for me. Is anyone else using Flurry's latest SDK in their apps getting this message?

I am using Flurry, but I have not updated to the latest version. I am still using 6.4 in this and other apps and haven't had any problems before. I also tested by removing Flurry and uploading the app again, but I am still getting a warning. So I don't think it is Flurry (at least not in my case).

I also tried adding DISABLE_PUSH_NOTIFICATIONS=1 as preprocessor macro, but I still got the message.

I am facing the same issue while uploading the app to AppStore. We have not enabled the APNS and we have not included the APNS APIs in the code. But still we are getting this warning message. We had uploaded the build one month before without any issues. We are using Crashlytics but in another thread, it is mentioned that even the Crashlytics isn't the reason. I went ahead and submitted the app for review.

Any of your app got approved after this warning?

"Any of your app got approved after this warning?"

I have two different apps that have been approved without any problems despite the warning.

I had this warning. Nevertheless the app has been approved.

Came here to find out how to eliminate the warning for future releases...

But it seems at the moment If one doesn't use APN the warning can be ignored.

I have the same problem with my app.

I don't use third party libs that could cause the problem and I don't call any API related to remote notifications. My apps was also never configured to use/support push notifications. I will submit for review when the processing step is finished and hope for the best.

I think (and hope) this an error on Apples side.

We have upgraded to the very latest version of Flurry (7.1.0) and we see this warning when uploading to iTunes Connect. We were on 6.0.0 before and did not get this. With that said, we have at the same time also migrated to IOS 9/Xcode 7 so really not sure what is causing it.

As long as the app does not get rejected - which seems to be the case - we can live with it.

My app got approved yesterday, so the issues don't seem to be affecting Apple's review team, which is ultimately the most important part here. The rest time will tell as to when this gets fixed or resolved by either Flurry, Apple or whomever. I am assuming since some on this thread say they aren't using Flurry OR notifications, that this is some flag setting that has gone awry on Apple's part behind the scenes once the app is submitted and processed for their review.

-Kevin.

i'm getting this email now from apple when uploading my beta... this thread is back from september ! hasn't this been fixed yet if it is a bug ??

Can someone suggest some resolution to this? Is there a way to supress these emails? Thanks

I'd be wary of suppressing emails from Apple, especially during the review process...the last thing you'd want is to miss something timely.

The only things I can recommend are to be patient with them when they occur, and to file bugs to help stress the issue, etc.

This is a normal email notification that identifies you if you need to push notifications to apply for an iOS push certificate, configured to the push platform

Create an iOS certificate You can try to use the Appuploade tool, you can directly apply to the Windows computer to obtain iOS file p12 and .mobileprovision configuration file, you can also help in the Windows computer directly upload ipa file, if you do not have a Mac computer can upload iOS app.