The same push notification multiple times !

I have developed the app that receive push notification.

I tested iOS9 beta4 and realized that every time I uninstalling and re-installing same app repeatedly,

I received the same push notification multiple times,

which means, if I’ve re-installed the same app three times, I receive same push notification four times, even though I send once.

I found out that each time I install same app, new device token is generated each time. (In iOS 8, device token never vary.)

I presume that iOS9 beta4 does not remove invalid old device token successfully.

Has anyone run into the same problem??

Replies

Yes, I am experiencing duplicate push notifications from Telegram, and yes it is an example of an app the was deleted but then reinstalled--so a new, additional device token is possible.

Absolutly! As nwangkc already wrote it seams this is the current behaviour in ios9 beta (since beta1). We already have the same problem in our app. We hope Apple will fix this before release.

I just did an upgrade to iOS Beta 5 the problem is still there.

Any updates on this? I am facing this same issue as well. This is definitely a regression from iOS 8. I am also facing another issue - also seems to be a regression from iOS 8 - https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/50273#50273