iOS 9 beta 4 - Remove UITableViewCell separator

I found out that in beta 4, UITableViewCell have separator by default, which I didn't find it on beta 2 ( I used beta 2 before beta 4 ). And I want to remove/hide this separator. The reason is; the table view looks better without separator. It seems simple, but I can't find a way to remove it. Anybody can help me with this ?

Note: I use plain UITableView, and had set separator option to 'None'

Accepted Reply

I assume you did set that property in the Interface Builder? I filed that as a bug (21939917) and it was already marked as duplicate (21827485), so it is a known issue.

As workaround, you can set the separatorStyle to UITableViewCellSeparatorStyleNone in the code, that works for us.

Replies

This has to be a bug. I've been unable to disable the separators.

I assume you did set that property in the Interface Builder? I filed that as a bug (21939917) and it was already marked as duplicate (21827485), so it is a known issue.

As workaround, you can set the separatorStyle to UITableViewCellSeparatorStyleNone in the code, that works for us.

I thought I tried to set the style to none in the code but I didn't. Thanks!

Yes. I set that in Interface Builder. And set it by code works fine, at least for now

Thanks, Hendrikvp

I've hit this issue with Version 7.0 beta 6 (7A192o) and the iOS9 beta 5 that comes with it - just started looking at iOS9. UITableViewCellSeparatorStyleNone does not work in code for me, but in the IB it does work (Simulator). Existing app compiled under XCode 6 now running iOS9 beta 4 shows this problem: IB OK, programmatically not OK.

Seems like one step forward, one step back.

Doesn't seem like there's a workaround since the UITableView in this case is created programmatically.

If UITableView is created in IB, then UITableViewCellSeparatorStyleNone can be used on it programmatically.

Radar 22590675

I've the same problem with iOS 9 GM. Anyone has tried with iOS 9.1 beta 1?

(TableView created programmatically)

You can remove the separators by set UITableViewCellSeparatorNone before every reloadData method (ios 9.1). I don't know why, but UITableView resets separatorStyle and separatorColor every tyme after the reloadData method is called.

thanks