iPhone XS no incoming calls since beta2

Hi everyone,

since I updated my iPhone XS Max yesterday with the beta2 Profile I dont get no incoming calls.

I switched Sim Cards because I thought its a Telekom Sim Problem, but the same with vodafone (Germany).

Please help with any Ideas or maybe a solution/workaround?!😕

Thanks in Advance from Germany,

Arnd

Accepted Reply

If you can receive any incoming call when you are using Wifi to access to the Internet,try to forced use of 3G frequency band to access the Internet.Maybe can solve your problem when you go outside.

I have the same situation as yours

I guess the iPhone's ISP profile is missing the relevant volte content.

The 4G band cannot transmit the call, but I don't know why the iPhone do not switch to the 3G band.

Replies

Ich würde mal alle Inhalte und Einstellung Löschen.

If you can receive any incoming call when you are using Wifi to access to the Internet,try to forced use of 3G frequency band to access the Internet.Maybe can solve your problem when you go outside.

I have the same situation as yours

I guess the iPhone's ISP profile is missing the relevant volte content.

The 4G band cannot transmit the call, but I don't know why the iPhone do not switch to the 3G band.

Hi Nuno und danke für Deine Antwort, hab ich bereits gemacht👀⁉‼

Same for me. Most of the calls can’t be received. I just get a missing call notification by SMS (orange feature in France). I did not pay attention wether it occurs both on 4G and WiFi. I just disabled 4G on my phone. I will try and let you know. Thanks.

It's not solution for this problem.

I tried to stop Wi-Fi but still the same problem. From 10 calls I recevied 1 incoming call !!

Now I've Downgrade to IOS12 .

Hmm - I am experiencing the same issue. Does switching to 3G really fix this problem? Its a hard one to test. Considering reverting to back.

Phone: iPhone XS Max 256GB, Maxis Malaysia

I am also having this issue, in that no incoming calls were detected by the phone. Also the caller will get no ring tone whatsoever and then he/she the caller will get this message from my telco on his/her phone "The person you're calling is not reachable"

I swap my sim card from my Xs Max to my iphone 5S, and there is no issue at all receiving incoming calls

I have switched voice and data to 3G (instead of 4G or 4G Voice & Data) and this seems to be working a lot better.

Calls and texts seem to be coming through OK.

Will continue to test but there is a problem when its in 4G or 4G Voice & Data modes.

This is also the workaround I am using to get the phone calls coming through. However the downside is my telco 3G network is very2 slow, compared to its 4G network.

There should be another beta release in a week and a bit. They tend to do releases every 2 weeks which will hopefully fix this bug. Make sure it’s reported. More reports - the better.

Anyone know if this problem still exists in the public beta? I assume so given that the public beta should be the same release as beta2 but I havent confirmed the build number.

Bit suprised that Apple would release the public beta with this bug.

You'd think you didn't know what it means to have an Beta installed.

But for those Apple explicitly notes: "Install the beta software only on non-production devices that are not business critical. We strongly recommend installing on a secondary [...] device [...]."

Maybe you should have a look again at https://beta.apple.com/sp/en/betaprogram/faq?locale=en

BR

I wasnt complaining about the bug being an issue for me. I was asking if its in the public beta as its going to cause issues to a wider audience. I am happy to live with it as that is the nature of the early betas.

I have no issue with this.

I am happy to report that this issue, at least for me, has been resolved afer installing the Beta 3. iOS correctly switches to 3G when detecting incoming calls on telco networks that do not have VoLTE services.

To ensure it operates correctly I need to go to Settings-Mobile Data-Data Plan-Voice&Data-"4G, VoLTE Off" on those networks that do'nt have VoLTE

Yes this issue is fixed for me as well.

Working well on beta3.