watchOS 2b4 slow & locks up

I installed b4 and the watch is slow and actually locks up now requiring a force reboot. When it first launches, it works just fine but after a few minutes, it starts to bog down and eventually requires the force reboot. Unpairing and repairing doesn't fix it.

I wonder if there is a weird process causing this. Is anyone else seeing this?

Replies

I've had it lock up twice needing a forced reboot. I haven't seen the slowdown, though.

I'm experiencing the same thing. Watch slow (pulling down notifications, sliding up glances). Siri just doesn't come up. Watch locks and requires force reboot.

So far only tried re-syncing contacts. Going to try wiping.

(and as I typed that, my watch reset itself...).

Some people claim this build is far better than the last. Am wondering what we're doing wrong...

Yeah, I am not sure what is going on. I am going to try resetting again and not install any 3rd party apps to see if that is the issue.

Mine has locked up 5 times so far today requiring a force reboot.

So I bit the bullet, erased all settings, and re-paired my watch. Now all is well but still holding my breath...

Did you set it up as a new watch or restored to your previous settings after erasing and repairing?

I have erased all settings, haven't installed any 3rd party apps and I made adjustments to notifications. Had a random reboot so far but no lock ups.

Just got another hard lock with the watch set up as a new watch. I raised my wrist and nothing. Pressing the digital crown or the side button doesn't do anything. Watch.app doesn't see the watch either.

same here.

Mine was locking up every 30 minutes or so. I've tried a full reset of the device, and now I can't even get it paired back to the iPhone. Pairing crashes, hangs, etc. Bit of a nightmare tbh.

same issue here, watch freezes often, had to hard resete about all hour.

hope for a fix, can´t really work with it like this...

Same here, beta 3 was really good but beta 4 is a dissaster just like beta 2.

I've been having lots of lag and timeouts on my watch when using the Simple watch face. I also couldn't get Siri to work at all on the Simple Face. When I switch to Modular, Utility or Color things work much better! Modular seems to work the best. Curious if anyone else can recreate this?

I did set my watch up as new and right now don't have any third party apps.

That seems to be working so far. Seems changes that have been made to faces are causing severe slow downs. As you stated, Modular seems to work best, but there are still lags when bringing in the notifications pane or glances. I still haven't installed any 3rd party apps yet.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of foad Down vote reply of foad

Numerous lock ups and sluggishness. Really awful beta.