App bundle question

I want to bundle a couple apps, one a iPhone the other a universal. Store won't let me bundle these two. The

This link says:

https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev96d99635a

You can add the following device combinations:

• iPad + Universal
  • iPhone + Universal
  • Mac

You can’t add the following device combinations:

• iPhone + iPad
  • iPhone + Universal
  • Mac + iPhone or iPad

For business guidance, see App Bundles.

See the second item in each section?

Apple O Apple.

Anubody else encounter this?

Replies

Clearly a bug in the documentation. What could they mean here?

Long shot on what is wrong here:

Note the statement: "All apps must be device-compatible with the first app in the bundle, called the primary app."

Perhaps they mean "order counts" and you can't do:

"universal + iPhone"

Is your order wrong?

I have tried adding the universal app first, then the iPhone app disappeared from the app list. So no matter which I add it foils me.

Just for clarity, I have 6 questions, beginning with, are those free or paid apps? Any IAPs? What iOS versions do they support (min & max)? When you say one is a universal, you mean 'app' and not 'purchase', right?

What is the difference in the type and function of the uni vs. the iphone app? Are they both already for sale in the same countries?

Starting with universal (aka primary) and then adding iPhone would violate the requirement that the primary app be device compatible with all other apps in the bundle since an iPad user couldn't go on to purchase the second app. But starting with iPhone as primary and then adding universal would not violate compatibility for those iPhone purchasers.

Isn't the root premise of a bundle is that it allows the user to own different apps, vs. different platform-supported versions of one app...