Xcode simulator for iPad Pro 12.9 not working

When I try to run my app in iPad Pro 12.9 or iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 Plus simulator, blank screen is shown.

Apple logo also not appeared.

I tried to reset content and settings for simulator, but it is not working.App works fine with iPhone 6s , iPhone 8 ,iPad Air simulators.

System Configuration:

mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5

Xcode 9.4

mac mini(late 2012) with Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Replies

I have the some issue, ipad pro 12.9 simulator platform not support xcode apps, maybe. Had you used xcode 10, not only one issue appears in front of you.

I'm seeing a similar issue. iPhone X and the iPhone Plus sizes will not load, just seeing a black screen. No apple logo, or loading animation. Non-plus iphone sizes run fine.

OS 10.13.5

Macbook Pro Mid 2012

Xcode 9.4

Will try this with xcode 10 ,once stable version is released.

Same issue, restored /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework from Time Machine and now works

--

r.

This was fixed in Xcode 10 Beta 2, and there were workarounds for beta 1 mentioned for this in other threads on this topic. I suggest you just grab the update.

I still have exactly the same problem with shailesh_ios

I have the same configuration also

any news on this ?

Xcode 10 GM running on MacBook Pro (15", mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6)

Still seeing black screens for ALL iPad simulators (ironically...or sadly..., the product I'm trying to work on is iPad only). iPhone simulators seem to be fine...

Tried "

defaults write com.apple.CoreSimulator.IndigoFramebufferServices FramebufferRendererHint 3" (with reboot). Still same issue.

MacBook specs: 8GB, 1TB HD, i7 2.66 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M + Intel HD Graphics

I'm experiencing a similar problem (https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/108743) and I'm suspecting the Nvidia driver was not supported or tested during this roll-out. If I'm correct that would be very disappointing since it's almost impossible to upgrade the video card on these systems.

I am also experiencing precisely the same problem after installing the offical Xcode 10 release. Having then decided to roll back to Xcode 9.4.1 it seems the problem is persistent and what was working before under 9.4.1 now no longer works either.

Only iPhone SE, 6, 7 and 8 in non plus sizes show in the simulator and only black screens show in all plus sizes, iPad and iPad Pros.

Clearly this was not fixed in Xcode 10 Beta 2.

Is there any updates on how and/ or when a solution to this will be found/ released? I read in a forum post that this was related to Intel 4000 chip set. But my iMac 27" along with many others here is running the ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB.

iMac 27"

High Sierra (10.13.6),

Processor: 2,66 GHz Intel Core i5,

Memory: 12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I don't have a backup on my MacBook. I am downloading Xcode 9.4.1 now. Is possible to get CoreSimulator.framework from the package and copy into that folder?

Hi Robert.

I tried restored my whole Macbook from stretch and installed Xcode 9.4.1.

Copied /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework.

Then I installed Xcode 10. And used 9.4.1 framework to overwrite the 10's.

It gives error when buliding the project. So didn't work.

So I am just curious: Are you running Xcode 10 with 9.4.1 CoreSimulator.framework, or you are using Xcode 9.4.1?

Thanks

Paul

I just upgraded to XCode 10 and this issue is occurring for me. All the iPad simulators open with a blank black screen. My app update was rejected because it does not work on iPad on iOS 12, but I can't run an iPad simulator to look into the issue.