Can I post source code (NDA)

Hi,

my question is, can I upload source code that uses iOS9 specific features to github and make it public. Or is this against the NDA?

Cheers

Replies

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Actually I have a broader question. Are we allowed to publicly discuss prerelease APIs/software in general? It seems that last year Apple loosened its NDA, so that you could publicly talk about unreleased/still in beta APIs, so for example we started seeing tutorials/discussions/code samples for iOS 8-specific APIs show up on sites such as Ray Wenderlich, Stack Overflow, etc. months before iOS 8 actually shipped. The only restriction semeed to be that you could not post screenshots of prerelease software. Does this still hold true this year for iOS 9/WatchOS 2/El Capitan/Xcode 7?

I'm not a lawyer, but since they have opened these developer forums to the public, they definitely do appear to be relaxing their attitude towards public discussion of beta APIs.

Couple of excepts from this years developer program llicence agreement:

"Apple Confidential Information will not include: i. information that is generally and legitimately available to the public through no fault or breach Program Agreement of Yours, ii. information that is generally made available to the public by Apple"

"Apple agrees that You will not be bound by the foregoing confidentiality terms with regard to technical information about pre-release Apple Software and services disclosed by Apple at WWDC (Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference), except that You may not post screen shots of, write public reviews of, or redistribute any pre-release Apple Software, Apple Services or hardware."

You may need to wait until the public beta window opens.