Apple TV Siri Remote - Not available in New Zealand?

From the tvOS programming guide:

The Apple TV Remote comes in two flavors—one with Siri built in and the other with onscreen search capabilities. The Siri Remote is available in the following countries:

• Australia
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Japan
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

Does this mean Siri functionality will not be enabled in New Zealand editions of the Apple TV?

• 5 Years on and still no Siri on Apple TV in New Zealand - Beyond a Joke!

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Correct.

The same hardware will be shipped in all countries. In countries where Siri feature is not available, the Siri/Search button will open the onscreen search app instead.

Replies

I think that Siri will be available but with a later version. I think that the first Version that will be shipped early to

• Australia
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Japan
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

And after a month they will be shipping it worldwide because why would apple sell 2 different versions? That doesn't make sense at all.

Correct.

The same hardware will be shipped in all countries. In countries where Siri feature is not available, the Siri/Search button will open the onscreen search app instead.

What if the user changes the region/country from settings? Is this going to make Siri work?

I have an Apple TV Dev Kit, and changing the country from NZ to Australia does not enable Siri. The option remains set to Off and it's disabled.

Cheers...

I'm from Canada - same issue with Siri on my Apple TV Dev Kit. under settings it's grayed out and says Off. Changing region doesn't help, button on the remote doesn't do anything.

I was able to activate Siri via:
Settings -> Accounts -> iTunes and App Store -> Preferences -> Location: United States

While being located in the netherlands with your apple TV?

What if an ATV was purchased in one of the 8 countries with the Siri remote and then moved to another country why wouldn't Siri work?? I'm confused

i just purchased the new Apple TV in NZ and have discovered if you change the region setting to USA AND enter in an iTunes account based in USA, you can enable Siri. I've been using it for a day now and it works fine.