The reported PLA 1.2 guideline issue is in regards to the seller and company names associated with your app not reflect the name “COMPANY NAME” in the app or its metadata, as required by section 1.2 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Hi,

Our Binary has been rejected by AppStore and we are unable to trace out the exact issue.

The follwing is the reason mentioned by App Review Team of Apple

The reported PLA 1.2 guideline issue is in regards to the seller and company names associated with your app not reflect the name “COMPANY NAME” in the app or its metadata, as required by section 1.2 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

It would be appropriate for your app must be published under a seller name and company name that reflects the COMPANY NAME brand.

If you have developed these apps on behalf of a client, please advise your client to add you to the development team of their Apple Developer account.

Once created, you cannot change your seller name or company name in iTunes Connect. For assistance with changing your company name or seller name, you will need to contact iTunes Connect through the Contact Us page.

Once this issue is resolved, we can continue with the review. We look forward to your resubmission.

Replies

i got stuck in the same problem

The seller and company names associated with your app do not reflect the name, “Lumique ,” in the app or its metadata, as required by section 1.2 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Next Steps

Your app must be published under a seller name and company name that reflects the Lumique  brand. If you have developed these apps on behalf of a client, please advise your client to add you to the development team of their Apple Developer account.

Once created, you cannot change your seller name or company name in iTunes Connect. For assistance with changing your company name or seller name, you will need to contact iTunes Connect through the Contact Us page.

I also same problem, someone has managed to solve? It seems that the only remedy is a new developer account on behalf of the client. Someone knows some other remedy?

Same problem here as well, submitting app first time under an individual developer account.

The name of my app is "mypal" and it is purely a personal name and not a company name. The App Store has another "myPAL Player" app. I'm trying to seek clarification on if that conflicts or something? Otherwise it's quite ambigious.

Same issue here, i don't know how to solve this issue i made this app by my own, i have a developer license with my name, any work around.

Hi,

I have sent the review board appeal about the same issue. And waiting for their answer.

Same problem here! Did you guys managed to get it approved? How did you do it?

Thank you!

We are having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? I submitted an appeal to the app review board but have yet to hear back from them.

Hi,

I might be able to help on this. I just got my app approved and had the same reason.

You need to make sure, that if your app is called XYZ and you are the owner 123, that 123 owns all copyright for the app and it's content within. If the content is third-party make sure you comment this in comments box. It's quite reasonable, as I might upload an app called Windows for iOS and do not even own the copyright for this brand. Also, make sure you write the correct name etc. in the copyright box, who owns the brand. It's not the app name, but the publisher or if you develop for someone, it's his company/client name.

I don't think it's that complictaed with Apple, you just need to be straight forward.

I hope this helps someone!

Hi Rajveer,

Which comments box do you mean?

May you send me a screenshot? My email is daniela.maroubo@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Has anyone solved the problem yet? Could you give me an advice 😟

No one can help you if you can't explain what your particular situation is:

1. As rajveer123 wrote, one of the cases is solved by properly specifying your copyright information.
  2. The other case is solved by contacting Apple through iTunes Connect to correct your Developer account information.
  3. The other case is solved by creating a Developer account for your client and submitting the app on the client's account.

How to prove that the copyright application "123" belong to me?

I also had this problem. In the copywriting box was still mentioned 2016. After changing this in 2017 and saving it the app was approved.

Me to! this is so confusing.. do I need to change my application name so its contain my Company name (example 123 - XYZ) ? or do I need change the bunddle id in my app (my bunddle id currently doest have my company name in it) is it related? anyone have the answer?

I'm having the same problem.

PLA 1.2 is a tricky policy for companies that have an app distribution agreement with another company.

The copyright field in the review is meaningless, even though i've clearly inputed the contracting company.

I think Apple should understand that many people are struggling with PLA 1.2.

I'm talking to the App Review team, but there's no consensus.