Auto-renewable subscription not working in production build!

Hello,

I have issues with my in app purchases which are auto-renewable subscriptions. In fact StoreKit doesn't give me any products, so everything else after that fails of course.

In sandbox mode everything works like a charm.

I searched Google for help, but all I have to do seems to be done already:

- Create a paid Applications contract

- Get in app purchase products approved

Do I have to somehow assign them to my app or binary or something (which I didn't becuas there's no option for that)?

Or is there a way to debug the production build in XCode with console?

Since the issue is urgent, I highly appreciate every help!!

Bye The_Unknown

Replies

The products are now showing 🙂 It took 30 hrs from intial release fo them being available in the production version even though they were visible in sandbox environment during this time.

Thanks again

Just wanted to share that I had this same issue and it took a little more than 24 hours for the issue to resolve itself. Seems strange so hopefully this is fixed by Apple soon.

Also talked to mutiple support people who did not know the real answer. One wanted me to use one of my Technical Support Incidents (TSI) to resolve the issue as they were certain my code was not correct, even after I explained that everything was working in TestFlight, was approved and all other, non-subscription In-App purchases were working just fine in production.

Hope this helps someone else knowing that the only solution for me was simply to wait.

I hope that this thread is still monitored, and that someone can provide a bit of guidance.

Our app uses two separate auto-renewable subscriptions (monthly/yearly). We have submitted it twice for review. Each time the app has failed to load the subscriptions successfully, and the review has failed. The app has worked consistently for months in Sandbox/TestFlight. Note: All of our contracts with Apple are in place and current.

We have an additional concern about submitting this app and subscriptions: Since our organization is still scaling up the back-end (mostly personnel, rather than servers), we cannot yet release the app to the general App Store public. Nevertheless, we need to have it reviewed as soon as possible so that any pending deficiencies won't delay our overall product release. Therefore, we set the Version Release option to “Manually release this version”.

One additional possible complication is that the app decrypts and verifies the receipt on-device, rather than through the App Store. We don't believe that will interfere with the process, but someone might have a better understanding.

Here is our dilemma: Our understanding of Rich Kubota's post (above) is that the subscriptions will not be available to the App Store until the app is released. However, the app cannot be reviewed and accepted unless the subscriptions are in place. So we have a couple questions:

(1) Is it even possible to submit both the app and the subscriptions concurrently?

(2) Does our decision to release the app manually render the review impossible?

If we cannot submit the app and subscriptions together for manual release, how can we have the app reviewed? In our case, the app will display only a blank screen until the subscriptions are activated. We would need to rearchitect the app significantly to submit a viable product without subscriptions.

At the moment, we can envision only the following scenario for approving our app:

(1) Create a free app version which loads and runs without IAP subscriptions.

(2) Submit this version for immediate release and wait for App Store approval.

(3) Once the version is approved, create new IAP subscriptions on App Store Connect.

(4) Wait 48 hours for the subscriptions to be available.

(5) Submit the real (original) app as an update to the App Store. Hopefully, this time the subscriptions will be available, the app will load and run, and the App Store will approve it.

Has anyone had a similar situation? Our concern here is that the free version of the app will be publicly available for several days.