Certificate Trust settings (missing in Keychain Access?)

Hi,

I'm not sure when this may have changed, but, I was looking to modify the trust settings for some certificates that I have, and for some reason, Keychain Access doesn't seem to have this functionality any longer. I know about the command-line "security" application, and I will look to see if it can do it, but the GUI application used to permit adjustment of trust by simply double-clicking on a certificate and changing the Trust values.

Now, selecting a certificate and double clicking, or trying Get Info, does nothing. I don't know if this is a bug to report, or, just a change in functionality...or, Just Me (tm).

Can anyone find a way to adjust certificate trust in the Keychain Access application on High Sierra (latest beta, Dev 5, for example)?

Replies

When you hit "Get info" in keychain access, you don't see an arrow to expand "trust" which shows pop up buttons allowing you to choose between "Always trust" "Never trust"?

Right - the problem here is that neither Get Info, nor double clicking on a certificate, bring up the panel that you speak of. They certainly used to, but, on my two systems running the latest High Sierra Beta, neither of them will show that panel that allows you to adjust the trust settings.

Is it definitely working on your beta?

Most odd...

Curious which version KA that is...

Seems they've been de-featuring it, but I hope this is just a beta thing.

I've the same problem on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta (17C85a). Hence, unable to add a self-signed root CA to keychain 😟

Will file a bug report.

yeah I get the same, and console shows the nib file unable to load.

Unable to load nib file "CertificateDetachedView"

This problem is fixed in 10.13.2 public release today (build 17C88).

I can modify trust settings for certificates

Worked for me too. Thanks you so much Patel.