Can't delete App Id from a deleted App

Hello guys!

I was developing an app in my account and then I deleted the app from Itunes connect. Now I'm trying to delete the app id from indentifiers scetion but I can't. I got this error:

The App ID 'xxxxxxxxxx' appears to be in use by the App Store, so it can not be removed at this time.

But I deleted the app 5 minutes after I submitted to the store.

I need to use this ID in another account, what can I do?

Thank you!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of felipereis Down vote post of felipereis
56k views
  • Same problem... Was testing putting an app on testflight and deleted 5 minutes after uploading

• Did You find any answer for the same? facing same issue.

• Same problem. For the trillion dollar company Apple is, they are WAY more useless when it comes to Android in regards to app development and publishing.

Add a Comment

Replies

The longest bug I've ever seen, 14 years! And it seems that will be there forever, at least change the message lazy boys...

Same problem...

Having the same issue, deleted app cannot be permanently be deleted, and hence linked bundle ID cannot be removed as well.

+1

+1

+1 . There cannot remove identifier on portal

same problem here.

这种情况可以这样解决:

1. 从App Store Connect 的App状态中找到已移除的App,并恢复
  2. 将App的bundle id替换成一个不用的bundle id
  3. 然后再次将App移除,此时就解决了原来的bundle id被占用的问题,并可以顺利删除再次创建。

• This is the workaround, that really worked. Thank you bro, you made my day

• 非常感谢,这个解决了问题...This solves my problem, thanks a lot.

• thank you!

Add a Comment

Same issue, this should be fixed. Probably wasting DB space somewhere.

+1, same issue

Same. Really annoying bug.

Same problem here.

The development experience in apple is really awful. Been trying for 3 days now to get the certificates/profiles and other stuff correct.

same problem, can you pls fix this...it is getting a lot of old identifiers over there!

Same problem.....

Same problem.....