iOS 11 Public beta 5 won't install

Hi,

I'm trying to update my iPad to iOS 11 Public beta 5. First , my iPad is working fine, however in Software Update all I get is the spinning wheel going round and round, stating 'Preparing Update' and 'downloading' . This has been going on for some 2 hours plus and still going no where 😠

I've even re-booted the iPad twice and still get the same.

Any ideas out there ?

Steve

( stevetreble@mac.com )

PS: It would really help if there were a 'Chat - line' just like there is on the 'Normal' Apple support site, if you want our help ( beta testers ) then how about helping us in a better way 😠

Accepted Reply

Delete the update file in your iPad's storage. Go to settings > General > iPad Storage allow it to gather info and show every thing then scroll down to the installation file and delete it. Then you can try to download it again.

Replies

Delete the update file in your iPad's storage. Go to settings > General > iPad Storage allow it to gather info and show every thing then scroll down to the installation file and delete it. Then you can try to download it again.

Many Many thanks Baspears 🙂😎 It worked, happy days ( so far, I await the full update to work )

Steve

Coming from Android, things are quite with different with the iPhone... Thanks for this info!

i deleted the profile, reattempted to download version 5 and i am still not having luck. any other suggestions?

Same for me ios 11.2 Beta 2. Two nights and an error message later it now estimated “4 hours”