installing beta is a nightmare

Again this latest beta is a nightmare to install, as was the previous ones. Updated profile, downloaded in 5 min, preparing install and there it sits, restatrts , cant find apple watch, preparing........ preparing........ preparing ........... epic failure

Replies

Ill second this fact: Apple Watch Series 0 owners have to be extremely patient. Several unpairings and several reboots later and Ive just learned that the only thing thats ACTUALLY worked was being patient.

Several times my iphone told me it was unable to connect to my watch, when it was sitting right behind my watch and my watch could very quickly ping my phone.

So after multiple times of being told "unable to connect to watch," it finally found it and started downloading the update. Ive been at this since last night, like many of you.

Lets just hope we dont have to jump through this hoop with Beta 5 •_______•

I tried a few times now, but each time itsays ‘Preparing’ for about 1.5-2 hours and when checking the next time I am back in the first screen of the Watch App and have to start all over again. Guess I just keep trying and maybe the bug report will help. Otherwise just wait for two weeks... my battery life is woofull, need to chrage three times a day and loose all my goals as obviously I don’t meet my activity targets. Submitted a bug report for that as well.

Thanks, Luuk, We'll take a look!

-nick

anyone get passed the perparing part of the update?

Beta 4 installed first time for me. It took around 55 mins on my series 2.

After multiple attempts I decided to do it overnight. Suddenly yesterday evening I got the notification out of the blue that the update could be verified because I didn’t have an internet connection. I wasn’t eve trying to install at that time. Well, I did have an Internet connection, and when going to the WatchApp on the iPhone the option to install was there, and it installed in 40 mins or so. Seems to work fine now.

I’m stuck updating, the most frustrating update ever! Sometimes I get cannot connect to Apple Watch, sometimes I get pending; left it overnight and still no good! Running out of things to try :(