Interactive Live Activity Bug in iOS 18 - perform not called

In iOS 18 (beta 1-4) when you set openAppWhenRun = false in your AppIntent of your live activity the perform function never gets called.

In iOS 16 and 17 my live activities work. I have downloaded other apps and in their live activities any button tab which doesn´t open the app is also doing nothing in iOS 18.

Has anyone got this working? Any comments from an Apple engineer on this?

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sample project and a sysdiagnose, and post the FB number here once you do. Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

Rico WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

Rico, I have a feedback out there with a sample project for an issue with app intents and controls where the app doesn't open despite openAppWhenRun = true. I think this might be related to OP's issue and recent regressions with AppIntent behavior. That feedback is FB14357691. Thank you!

Found the solution! Make sure to conform your AppIntent to LiveActivityIntent and perform() will be called.

Interactive Live Activity Bug in iOS 18 - perform not called

Q