Auto-renewing Subscription Updates not Arriving

This is a copy of a reply to this post. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/722222?page=1

I'm posting as new in the hope someone might have more up-to-date information, as I'm pulling out what little hair I have left.

I'm using Storekit 2, testing in Xcode with a local Storekit config file. I have created a very minimal system to investigate this issue. I have a SwiftUI-based window using SubscriptionStoreView, and my app set up with the usual listener. I have four types of auto renewing subscription, configured in the local Storekit config file.

With my app running, I subscribe to the lowest-level subscription I offer, via the SubscriptionStoreView. Notification of the inital purchase arrives, but subsequent auto-renewals do not trigger any action in my listener for Transaction.updates. They arrive as expected in the Transaction Manager. Radio silence in my listener.

If I upgrade one subscription (via my SubscriptionStoreView) I see this reflected in the UI immediately, and also in the Transaction Manager, but the update that arrives in Transaction.updates refers to the old subscription, and has the isUpgraded flag set to false.

Also, can anyone remind me what the grey warning triangle next to entries in the Transaction Manager means. I'm assuming it means unfinished, as that's what the sidebar indicates.

Can the testing system really be this broken, or am I wildly off the mark? Unless I'm doing something fundamentally wrong this all seems extremely flakey, but happy to be proved wrong.

I find this all rather unsettling if I can't test reliably, and am concerned that I my app may end up in this situation if I use storekit 2:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73530849/storekit-renewal-transactions-missing-in-transaction-all-or-transaction-updates

UPDATE: I swapped to Sandbox testing with a renewal period of 3 minutes. Still no auto-renew notifications delivered to the running app. If I kill the app and restart it, I get a stream of them when the app starts (as reported by others).

If I upgrade my subscription via my UI I DO get the correct upgrade notification immediately in the App, but I get two of them. As previously, I then get no further auto-renew notifications.

Auto-renewing Subscription Updates not Arriving

Q