iOS 18 Beta 2 Carplay Music Problem

After the ios 18 beta 2 update, when listening to music in carplay, the sound quality is very bad and I can't turn down the volume of the music. it acts like a voice assistant instead of music. when turning the volume down and up, it's like adjusting the volume of the voice assistant when it should turn up the volume of the music. So instead of music, it acts like the voice assistant is activated.

I have a similar issue. My CarPlay is a wired connection and I get NO sound. No music, podcasts, Siri reading texts… I can see it on the screen but nothing else.

Same issue here. I had it with beta 1 and it could be fixed with a reboot of iOS or the carplay device. However this issue persists after reboot

It seems to fix itself after a while this is only for CarPlay wireless I have no clue with wired connection it took about like 5-7 minutes to fix

I have the same problem with this beta update. Music on Carplay no sound on all apps, Spotify, Apple Music and Youtube music

While listening to music via CarPlay (with discussed issues), you may try to make a phone call. After ending the call, iPhone will switch with an accordance to the Bluetooth profile. As a result, music quality should be fixed.

I realized that when I have this problem, on the iPhone the sound comes in mono. It only comes out of the handset. It doesn't come from the speaker, it's like I'm making a phone call.

reboot does not work but I will try the method mentioned by @Robustez. making a phone call while listening to music may be the solution.

by the way, when you make a phone call while listening to music, sometimes the music starts playing behind the phone call. has anyone experienced this problem? (ios 17 had the same problem)

I only get audio from the phone.
non-CarPlay Bluetooth works fine.

when the phone connects to CarPlay audio is only available from the phone speaker. ( ie not via the car stereo)

same here, sometimes it plays music through a poor "Voice" sound, and others it will just play through phone. unplugging and plugging in multiple times will eventually fix it. Also noticed Spotify goes missing sometimes.

I also have this issue on a wire carplay and i think the fastest way to fix it is to clic and hold power to open siri and then just cancel siri it will make carplay crash and restart and then evrything work

I have the same troubles With the sound. In both cars apple car play isn’t working. BMW CarPlay is wireless and the Kia Car Play is wired. I can connect it, but everytime when I want to listen to music or something else the sound comes from my phone instead of my car speakers. I can control everything via CarPlay but the sound is just coming from my phone…connect and disconnect isn’t helping. Restarting my phone isnt fixing the problem too

I found that simply activating the voice assistant fixes the issue

Same issue as above - wired connection in my Toyota Rav4 - displays as if in CarPlay mode but sound comes from iPhone instead. Takes a bit of wrangling - namely physically removing the USB and reinserting it a few times and eventually it will come back over the car speakers instead.

iOS 18 Beta 2 Carplay Music Problem

Q