iOS 18 Beta 2 Carplay Music Problem

After the ios 18 beta 2 update, when listening to music in carplay, the sound quality is very bad and I can't turn down the volume of the music. it acts like a voice assistant instead of music. when turning the volume down and up, it's like adjusting the volume of the voice assistant when it should turn up the volume of the music. So instead of music, it acts like the voice assistant is activated.

I have a similar issue. My CarPlay is a wired connection and I get NO sound. No music, podcasts, Siri reading texts… I can see it on the screen but nothing else.

Same issue here. I had it with beta 1 and it could be fixed with a reboot of iOS or the carplay device. However this issue persists after reboot

It seems to fix itself after a while this is only for CarPlay wireless I have no clue with wired connection it took about like 5-7 minutes to fix

I have the same problem with this beta update. Music on Carplay no sound on all apps, Spotify, Apple Music and Youtube music

While listening to music via CarPlay (with discussed issues), you may try to make a phone call. After ending the call, iPhone will switch with an accordance to the Bluetooth profile. As a result, music quality should be fixed.

I realized that when I have this problem, on the iPhone the sound comes in mono. It only comes out of the handset. It doesn't come from the speaker, it's like I'm making a phone call.

reboot does not work but I will try the method mentioned by @Robustez. making a phone call while listening to music may be the solution.

by the way, when you make a phone call while listening to music, sometimes the music starts playing behind the phone call. has anyone experienced this problem? (ios 17 had the same problem)

iOS 18 Beta 2 Carplay Music Problem

Q