Where can "SystemVersion.bundle" be found?

This is one of the files being looked for during initialization of the RoomPlan WWDC Demo package but it cannot be found since moving to IOS 18.0. it is not anyrhere since the upgrade.

Reference is 2024-06-18 16:03:36.871062-0500 RoomPlanExampleApp[860:159744] [loading] Unable to create bundle at URL (file:///System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.bundle): does not exist or not a directory (0)

Is this actually causing problems? Or are you just concerned about this potentially worrying log entry?

If it’s the latter, see On Log Noise.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

This message is likely not "noise".Actually I would think that finding a resource identifying the current execution environment might be quite useful to identify services and resources that might be needed. Later in the initialization there are messages about use of the "Sandbox" settings of the application which had not shown up until the move up to the latest Mac and IOS betas. Errors I am seeing later in the execution of my modifications to RoomPlan seem to be tied to warning messages of this type for the purpose of resource usage

Errors I am seeing later in the execution of my modifications to RoomPlan seem to be tied to warning messages of this type for the purpose of resource usage

OK. If you create a minimal test project with similar code, does it emit that log message and yield these errors?

Share and Enjoy

Yes it did. I chased the directory chain and found the bundle file that is being claimed as not present by the following lines

Unable to create bundle at URL (file:///System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.bundle): does not exist or not a directory (0)

Unable to create bundle at URL (file:///System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.bundle): does not exist or not a directory (0)

Unable to create bundle at URL (file:///System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.bundle): does not exist or not a directory (0).

When I finally did find the bundle file, I looked into the contents of the package and it looked reasonable from what I had seen in other packages.

Why is that message being presented by Xcode if the file exists? Is Xcode supposed to be running in some kind of privileged state on the Mac mini machine? Please explain how those privileges work.

I also verified from the File information that the properties of the file look reasonable

The question is why did the system version bundle not get found if I could find it by a manual search? On which machine does that message originate? I presumed it is background from the Mac I am using for Xcode debugging.

Is there a corresponding directory tree on the iPadOS.platform? I. have not been able to locate it through the file management UIs that are available

Yes it did.

Is that “Yes” to both of my questions? That is, is your minimal test project also reproducing the “Errors I am seeing later in the execution of my modifications to RoomPlan”.

I presumed it is background from the Mac I am using for Xcode debugging.

No. Those messages are being generated on the device running your RoomPlan code.

Share and Enjoy

I found the answer to my own question. It turns out that the URL for data files was Malformed by the library routines. There. is no target Host available in the URL so it prepends a string of "///" to the directory path to the particular file being referenced on the foreign host. I seem to have missed setting up the info.plist configuration item that defines the HOST to be targeted for fetching the related file from the build machine or libraries.

With all the Useless information that is dumped in the logs, I am surprised that there was NOT a diagnostic or warning about the Malformed URL missing the Host name from which to fetch the data

The only question left is what parameter in the project that needs to be changed to correct the behaviour of Metal and other code in the app

Where can "SystemVersion.bundle" be found?

Q