PermissionDenied to documents folder

Hi,

I am having this rare issues, where a handful of my users are crashing when trying to access their realm file. This is the error I'm seeing:

Fatal error: 'try!' expression unexpectedly raised an error: Error Domain=io.realm Code=3 "Failed to open file at path '/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/BCA5E4BC-5923-4D7E-8142-AB49B32A7E59/Documents/default.realm.lock': Operation not permitted" UserInfo={Error Code=3, NSFilePath=/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/BCA5E4BC-5923-4D7E-8142-AB49B32A7E59/Documents/default.realm.lock, Error Name=PermissionDenied, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to open file at path '/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/BCA5E4BC-5923-4D7E-8142-AB49B32A7E59/Documents/default.realm.lock': Operation not permitted}

and I can report that for all for those users, it seems that identiferForVendor has returned nil. So it looks like that's the common denominator.

Any idea on what other data I can log or what's the issue here?

Thanks..!

Replies

If identiferForVendor is returning nil, that suggests something is serious wonky with their device. Are you in touch with the users having this problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"