A user with mutiple originalTransactionIds

Hello,

I found a user that has two originalTransactionIds for the same subscriptionGroupIdentifier.

I thought that:

• originalTransactionId does not change in case of upgrade/downgrade, cancellation/re-subscribtion
  • user can see only products within single subscription group A, so if there is a subscription group B, user will not use any products from B (so new originalTransactionId will not be created because we're still within same subscription group)

I can see for this user that new originalTransactionId was given when transactionReason was PURCHASE and storefrontId, price and currency have changed in comparison to previous RENEWAL transactions.

Can new originalTransactionId be given to the user when purchasing subscription from different country than previously?

Thanks a lot for clarification,

Best regards,

Maria

Replies

The originalTransactionId uniquely identifies a subscription through upgrades/downgrades/cancellations/resubscribes, as you mentioned. However, subscriptions are also tied to a user's storefront. If a user changes storefronts they may start a new subscription in the same sub group as a previous subscription in their old storefront, leading to a new originalTransactionId to represent this new subscription.

user can see only products within single subscription group A, so if there is a subscription group B, user will not use any products from B (so new originalTransactionId will not be created because we're still within same subscription group)

This is incorrect. If you have two separate subscription groups set up in your app, a user may be subscribed to one product in each group simultaneously (with one originalTransactionId per group). Within a single sub group, users can only be subscribed to a single product at a time.