Huge spikes in units/downloads within a single hour

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this and if there is an explanation, or if this is something one should report to apple...

For a while now I have seen huge, increasing spikes in units/downloads of one of my free mac apps that happen within one hour from a single territory. This happens every couple of months and recently I had a spike of exactly 10k downloads in a single hour... This almost looks like some kind of DOS attack or something, but I don't know why someone would do that and it makes me worried that Apple will eventually think I am trying to fake the download stats of my own app or something like that...

Other than it worrying me, it is kinda annoying that this spike screws up the whole graph in app store connect and makes the rest of the year look like a flat line.

Any ideas on whom to contact or if this is an issue in the first place?

Replies

stop cheating and tell your friends you can't pay them for getting your stats up

There gave been other similar reports - search the forum form”spike”.

Yes you should report this to Apple.

• Oh wow, there really are quite a few posts already... Super sorry for not searching for this first and thanks for the kind reply!

Add a Comment