Xcode Cloud is not showing new branches on the branch picker when starting a manual workflow

Recently Xcode Cloud has stopped showing new branches on the branch picker. For example, I still see our main branch on the list, but branches that I pushed recently do not appear when trying to generate a manual build.

We have another app where none of the branches appear, and the same app (with a different bundle ID we use for Production, they all appear except for the new ones).

The GitHub integration seems fine since when PRs are merged to main, all workflows that listen to changes to main work fine, and on the Settings I can see that the last access to the GitHub repository is from a few minutes ago when pushing new things.

The same issue happens on the integration of Xcode Cloud inside Xcode, none of the new branches is listed there.

Looks like the issue is on whatever lists the branches available. Has anyone noticed this?

Accepted Reply

Okay ignore me. Apparently Xcode Cloud recently changed and added a 'Manual Build' trigger option. We were using a disabled workflow before with the trigger on a branch changes. We were starting builds manually by running one on them and picking the branch we want. The moment I removed that trigger and replaced it for the 'Manual Build' one, the branches started appearing again!

• Thank you! Nice call

• It worked! Thank you!

Add a Comment

Replies

I sort of fixed it by nuking everything. One one of the apps, I clicked on 'Delete Xcode Cloud Data'. Then I recreated the workflows because everything is gone (we just had one, so it was simple to do on that one) and now it shows new branches again. Is there no way to fix this other than re-configuring the whole thing? The other apps I mentioned have much more complicated workflows that will be really painful to re-create again...

Okay ignore me. Apparently Xcode Cloud recently changed and added a 'Manual Build' trigger option. We were using a disabled workflow before with the trigger on a branch changes. We were starting builds manually by running one on them and picking the branch we want. The moment I removed that trigger and replaced it for the 'Manual Build' one, the branches started appearing again!

• Thank you! Nice call

• It worked! Thank you!

Add a Comment

Same. Im connected to bitbucket and Xcode Cloud only detects the branch that I initially chose when configuring it via Xcode, nothing else. I deleted the Xcode Cloud data and reconfigured via Xcode and again, I picked a different branch on Xcode for the initial setup and now it only detects the previous branch (first setup) and the new branch (second setup)

Same error for me. I have integrated Xcode cloud then new branches are not shown on the branches list. Also, I set the start condition as branch changes but the build is not triggered. I have tried to start the condition as the pull request changes but it is not triggered too. the pull request workflow does not show branches the other one at least shows some branches.