USB-C strap for Vision Pro. Too slow?

Am I the only one thinking that Vision Pro's USB-C strap is quite ridiculous? It only supports USB2 speed and Vision Pro itself does NOT support PCVR or direct connection to the computer for various uses. Some say the speed is not important as you can use Wifi then what's the point of having USB-C strap then? PCVR is already supported on many devices and lack of USB-C port on Vision Pro seems a huge deal. Even Apple explained that USB-C strap is meant for high GPU-intensive app which USB2 can not handle as I tested. Well, it feels like Vision Pro is never meant for high GPU-intensive app as it does not support direct connection to Mac or PCVR while it lacks a hardware controller for VR games. But it does not say the port is actually USB2 specs so I'm not sure if Apple is gonna fix that soon.

Replies

I'm also upset because it's only available with a paid developer membership. So those of us who work for companies but aren't paid members can't get access to them without wasting a hundred bucks for a developer program membership on top of the rather unusually high cost of the hardware. It's like they really don't want people to develop software for this thing.

It does make it difficult to develop apps not knowing what the future capabilities might be, especially when the strap seems to have potential for much higher bandwidth.

The developer strap has 28 pins, and USB 2 requires only 4 pins, but Type C requires 24; so does this mean we might yet see this application?

To enable our 'vision' for this great display, we need high frame rate, low latency, and low frame loss to enable video streaming to the Apple Vision Pro.

Alas, we are left to wonder: What is Apple's 'vision' for the Apple Vision Pro?

It is essential for Apple to get the USB connection speeds correct. The main issue I have with people saying, "use WiFi," is that I don't always have stable WiFi. For example, I take the Acela all the time. The WiFi could be better...I correct for this with a travel router. On Airplanes, I frequently fly to the west coast...I'm sure you have all experienced the "blazing fast" speeds for airplane WiFi 30k feet in the air. I want a seamless experience while developing, no matter where I may be. Connecting to my MacBook Pro is manageable, but not the seamless experience I expect from Apple.