iOS misleading users with payment notification timing

I'm getting really frustrated with emails from my App users who believe they've been charged for a free in-app purchase when they haven't.

My App offers many in-app purchases of digital items and I give 4 of these away for free to let users get comfortable with how it works in-app.

Over the last couple of years I've had a steady increase in angry emails from users who accuse me of fraud by charging them for a free item. I couldn't figure out for a while what this was as they would leave a 1 star rating, delete the app and ignore my emails for more information.

Recently I had someone a bit more patient engage and explain it to me.

The purchase for some reason popped up on my notifications right when I bought the [Free Item in my app]. It was from a movie I bought and the bill was delayed.

The timing of that notification is what is misleading users about the free in-app purchase. Can someone take note of this please and perhaps delay any payment notifications so they aren't sent when the in-app purchase is for FREE?

Thanks!

Answered by App Store Commerce Engineer in 777692022

Could you please file a feedback ticket (feedbackassistant.apple.com) and include an Order ID or other user details in the ticket for an affected user, then post the FB number here.

Accepted Answer

Could you please file a feedback ticket (feedbackassistant.apple.com) and include an Order ID or other user details in the ticket for an affected user, then post the FB number here.

iOS misleading users with payment notification timing

Q