App rejected as it is considered as spam

Hi, unfortunaley my app was rejected the 2nd time with a reference to Guideline 4.3 - Design - Spam with the explanation "We found in our review that your app is primarily a drinking game app. Since there are many drinking game apps already on the App Store, your app duplicates their content and functionality. This is considered a form of spam."

In principle the reviewer is right, my app is mainly a drinking game app. I added another play mode after the first rejection but the app remains as a card game / drinking game app. Now I want to prevent the situation that I work many more hours on this app implementing additional features and getting rejected again and again.

Does anybody of you have experience with those kinds of rejections? I mean there is enough of almost any kind of app in the App Store; often apps have just slight differences in design or functionality between each other and did get the approval.

I thought offering an app (of course having similarities to existing ones but nothing was copied) for free where others charge monthly payments for similar apps is already a differentiation being big enough. Or will I have better chances implementing e.g. an In-App-Purchase-Option for an additional play mode or ad-free version as this will give Apple the option to participate in case the app will be a success?

Looking forward to hear some of your experiences.

Thank you in advance!

There was a very similar question posted 2 weeks ago: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/744164

So this is not specific to you, looks like Apple wants to seriously limit the number of drinking apps on the App Store.

App rejected as it is considered as spam

Q