Thirty seconds silence answering phone calls using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen on iPhone Xs Max

In the 'normal' discussion forums there are year-long threads discussing this problem which still persist in the iOS 17.3 developer beta: with APP2 paired with Xs or Xs Max there is a delay of 30 seconds when answering a call before speaker and mic in the APP2 come to life. Most people trying to reach me usually give up before this half-minute delay have expired. They usually call back right away and this time the APP2 work immediately.

Factory reset of both phone and APP2 makes no difference.

For reference here is one thread opened in January 2023 with 571 marks as 'Me Too'. Until the problem is resolved I will use my APP2 with my old Nokia 7 Plus where phone calls are handled flawlessly.

The thread keeps on ticking up with people clicking 'Me Too'. But the problem I guess is the age of Xs/Xs Max. A phone /close/ to end of support /is/ already end of support ?

Seems the problem dates back more than a year. The oldest thread I can find is this from November 2022 which gives more clues about the airpods disconnecting when receiving a call and the delay is due to taking long time to reconnect. That thread has 618 people voting 'Me Too' on it.

Both threads I linked above have one workaround: when receiving a call, press the volume up button before answering. This way the connection to the APP2 will remain established. It seems to work. It's quite silly and I am explain the issue with buggy Apple firmware and the apparent lack of integration testing by Apple developers when people ask why I do this, why I am not just answering the call.

Thirty seconds silence answering phone calls using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen on iPhone Xs Max

Q