How does a timeline select which date to display?

I have a widget that has timeline entries for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.

For example, today is Tuesday, but the widget displays the timeline entry for Monday. When I delete the Monday entry, it does display the Tuesday entry. So it's like it's selecting Monday even though today is Tuesday.

Is there a trick I'm missing?

thanks

The time when a particular timeline entry is show is 100% controlled by the date field in your TimelineEntry. I can think of two possible things they might be going on. One is that you aren’t actually providing all the timeline entries you think you are. The second, and more likely, possibility is that you aren’t being specific enough with your time. If you generate timeline entries on Monday at 2pm create the first entry at the current time and then just add 1 day to get the Tuesday entry, the actual time will end up at Tuesday at 2pm which is when it will change. If you want it to show correctly you need to make sure the time is zeroed out to midnight For your entries.

One is that you aren’t actually providing all the timeline entries you think you are.

That was my first thought, but I triple checked. There were entries for everyday of the week on the timeline, but on Tuesday it was displaying the entry for Monday. It was only when I deleted the Monday entry that it displayed Tuesday. I display the full date in the widget for debugging purposes, and it is indeed Monday.

I "fixed" it by just looking at the current date and time when displaying my small day widget, regardless of the passed in value.

f you want it to show correctly you need to make sure the time is zeroed out to midnight For your entries.

Sorry, I don't understand what that means. Entries are Mon-Fri at 3PM, for example.

thanks

How does a timeline select which date to display?

Q