My lock screen widget has stopped working, strange error

Hello,

I created a lock screen widget for my app last year, as a widget app extension. It has worked fine, but I am working on a new release and it has stopped updating: It is not called anymore when I call WidgetCenter.shared.reloadTimelines(ofKind: "MyWidget"), and the preview screen is now blank when I add it on the lockscreen.

I haven't touched anything related to the widget from what I know. The only things I can think of is that Xcode has updated my project files automagically, and I have updated cocoapods.

I looked at the device logs, and found this:

[...MyWidget] Failed to launch extension with error: Error Domain=com.apple.extensionKit.errorDomain Code=2 UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x84b4d4410 {Error Domain=RBSRequestErrorDomain Code=5 UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=<private>, NSUnderlyingError=0x84b45ea30 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=111 UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=<private>}}}}}.

I have no idea what this is, hoping someone can come up with suggestions on where to look. I have looked at my git history but I can't find anything changed.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Mathias_ Down vote post of Mathias_

Replies

I have also encountered this problem, with constant feedback from users that the widget is not displaying properly

I know this isn't a helpful response, but I have also noticed a recent uptick in users complaining about widgets not reloading. I saw a similar log message on my device (17.2.1, iPhone 15 Pro) and came across this thread. Has anyone learned anything more or made any progress with a fix/workaround?

I am also experiencing the same and calling WidgetCenter.shared.reloadAllTimelines() does not bring widgets back to life, did anyone resolve this issue?