Analytics events not triggering with DeviceActivityMonitor app extension on iOS 17

I'm encountering a problem with the DeviceActivityMonitor framework on iOS 17 that wasn't present in iOS 16. The app extension sends analytics events via the Segment SDK whenever the extension's functions are called. This setup worked flawlessly on iOS 16. However, since upgrading to iOS 17, it appears that the vast majority of my iOS 17 users are not triggering the expected analytics events.

I'm aware that network requests in app extensions are not officially supported, yet somehow, Segment's SDK managed to function without issues in the previous OS version. Could there have been any changes in iOS 17 related to app extensions or the DeviceActivityMonitor framework that might be influencing this change in analytics behavior? Or perhaps there's a new restriction or modification in the app extension's network capabilities that I might be overlooking?

Any insights into these changes or guidance on how to ensure analytics events are triggered reliably within the app extension on iOS 17 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Analytics events not triggering with DeviceActivityMonitor app extension on iOS 17

Q