New iPhone 15 Pro - can't enabled Developer Mode (because its not there) and XCode doesn't recognize the device

An hour ago I received a new iPhone 15 Pro, however I can't enable developer mode for it.

Developer mode doesn't appear in the Setting | Privacy & Security | Security section. However I read thats to be expected now for iOS 17, and that it can be enable within XCode (although I didn't have to do that with any of my other phones which have iOS 17 on them, and for all of those Developer Mode does appear in Settings).

However XCode (v15, release version not beta version) doesn't recognize the device.

On the iPhone I've Trusted the Mac and restarted the phone and XCode but XCode just won't see it. Apple Configurator 2 has no problem seeing/connecting to the iPhone, nor does the iExplorer app, but XCode just won't.

What can I try next?

• Make sure you don't have VPN enabled - VPN can radically affect in a bad way Xcode's ability to connect with, detect a phone, or accurately detect a phone's connected state. If ever you're in a situation where something like Apple Configurator can see a device and says its connected, but Xcode disagrees with this, then its probably VPN.

Add a Comment