Subscription renewal issue in sandbox in certain cases

Hello,

My app uses an auto-renewable subscription with a 1 year introductory offer (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/in-app_purchase/original_api_for_in-app_purchase/subscriptions_and_offers/implementing_introductory_offers_in_your_app). That means the user pays a discounted price for 1 year upfront and then the subscription automatically renews to the regular monthly subscription.

In my tests in sandbox the 1 year intro offer works well (1 year = 1 hour in sandbox). After 1 hour in sandbox it successfully automatically renews to the regular monthly offer (1 months = 5 minutes in sandbox). It also renews successfully every 5 minutes until I cancel it or it has reached the 12 times renewal limit in sandbox.

Problem:

However, after the 1 year intro offer renews to the monthly subscription a few times I cancel the monthly subscription successfully. But when I now resubscribe to the monthly subscription it does not renew automatically. I only keep the subscription for 5 minutes and then it expires automatically. In the Sandbox Apple ID settings it's also shown as canceled.

Is this a known issue in sandbox, or what could be the reason? It only occurs when the introductory offer renewed a few times to the monthly subscription that I cancel and if I then try to resubscribe. In this case the subscription never renews automatically.

Thank you so much for your help!

Replies

Are you resubscribing to the subscription very quickly after cancelling the subscription?