App bundle ID no longer available on App Store Connect

I created an app on App Store Connect, and assigned my app's bundle ID to it successfully. However, as soon as I created the app, I realized that there was a typo in the app's name. Before doing anything else (no bundles uploaded or anything else) I deleted the app from App Store Connect with the intention of recreating it with the correct name. However, when I now try to create a new app the bundle ID in question is no longer on the list. It appears as though it is still associated with the erroneous, now deleted app. How do I fix this so that I can properly create my app on App Store Connect?

Answered by Plorimer in 764397022

OK, while Quinn's method would certainly work, I just realized that since I hadn't yet uploaded anything for review, I could restore the app record and change the name. Too simple. Not sure why it escaped.

AFAIK once App Store Connect has seen your bundle ID there’s no way for it to un-see it. You should feel free to confirm that with the App Store Connect support team but, IME, the easiest way out of this conundrum is to switch to a different bundle ID. The bundle ID isn’t user visible, so there’s usually some sort of subtle change you can make that changes the ID while keeping it recognisable for you. A good trick is to add the -app suffix, so com.example.frog becomes com.example.frog-app.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

OK, while Quinn's method would certainly work, I just realized that since I hadn't yet uploaded anything for review, I could restore the app record and change the name. Too simple. Not sure why it escaped.

App bundle ID no longer available on App Store Connect

Q