Unable to install “myapp”

Developing along, no problems - and then suddenly:

Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.G47wHn/extracted/Payload/Dvn8.app : 0xe8008001 (An unknown error has occurred.)

Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

—> On my Mac, there is no /var/installd directory.

—> On my device, there is no Developer App certificate in Settings -> General -> VPN & Device Management.

I have verified on developer.apple.com under Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles that my device‘s Device ID (UUID) as listed.

I have NO problem building & installing this app to my iPad, nor any problems installing other of my apps to this iPhone - it’s just this app on the phone that’s messed up.

I’ve restarted everything multiple times. I’ve cleared out both /Users/me/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ as well as /Users/me/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/

I’ve turned off & back on Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Developer Mode

using macOS Version 14.0 (Build 23A5337a) Xcode 15.0 (22005) (Build 15A5229m)

Please help! I’m 100% blocked from releasing a new version of our app, which is 100% ready to upload!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of CryptoKoa Down vote post of CryptoKoa
16k views
  • i deleted the app completely from the iPhone and. reinstalled it.. That was the last thing I did after hours..... and this worked for me.....

Add a Comment

Replies

We're experiencing the same issue with the release candidate. Seems that Xcode 15 is not able to install our dev certificate to the device.

So there is no way of actually trusting it.

Edit:

Not quite show how I fixed it. But by some combination of deleting derived data, restarting my phone, and reinstalling Xcode 15 release candidate it now work.

Same here with the full release of XCode 15.0, this was never an issue until I started using XCode 15 with an iPhone 15 on iOS 17, see screenshot. Here's the error message:

Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.nnIllB/extracted/Audacy.app/Frameworks/RadarSDK.framework : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.) Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

• If you can't "see" your app on the device just goto Xcode > Devices & Simulators > Select your connected device > Installed Apps > Selected your App and remove it (-). Try installing again.

Add a Comment

Had to remove the app completly from the device -> "Touch and hold the app icon on the Home Screen, ... tap Delete App".

• this worked for me too

• worked for me as well, restarting the phone had no effect.

• Same here - this worked for me too.

This issue is bugging me from time to time. Had to delete the app more than 10 times. Anyone knows how to fix it permanently?

I have absolutely no idea, but at some point (for my production app) it began working again. And now today (on an apple documentation sample app), it’s back. No idea what previously made my production app work - just tried one more build and it magically worked.

This is incredibly frustrating, as last time when this occurred, I lost several days of productivity.

Today, I’m trying to build the app from

developer.apple.com/documentation/avfaudio/audio_engine/audio_units/creating_a_custom_speech_synthesizer

and the same error occurs again.

Today, I’ve tried building with GA Xcode 15.0 (15A2240d) plus with Xcode 15.1 beta (15C5028h).

As before, other apps can be built & installed to my iPhone using either version of XCode - but this one app cannot be installed on my iPhone.

And also as before, I’ve deleted the app and restarted everything multiple times. I’ve cleared out both /Users/me/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ as well as /Users/me/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/.

Nothing works.

I suspect that the error message is a red herring, but as a result I’ve no path forward.

After a third attempt it worked for me -- I didn't do anything, didn't delete the app, didn't restart Xcode, but it just started working. Xcode magic we'll call it!

Same issue here, but we're getting this error only for our app extension

Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.RTMSkO/extracted/Payload/AppName.app/PlugIns/AppName Share.appex : 0xe8008001 (An unknown error has occurred.) Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

Just rebuilding the app works to alleviate the issue, however the next time running will give the error again. So every other run it happens. Oh and no developer app certificate is available at the suggested location in the error.

• My issue above is solved by moving a Build Phases script we had to be the last step. The error that was in the device Console when installing was MacOS error: -67030 which means errSecCSInfoPlistFailed - The Info.plist file or the signature has been modified.

We indeed had a script that modifies the plist to update the build number to the git commit count. Moving that script to be after the 'copy bundle resources' script worked to fix this issue

Add a Comment

I've the same issue : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.) deleted the app, restarder the ipad, updated it that 17.1.2, updated my mac , xcode, nothing is working, please fix it apple

Been having the same issue for a while with ios 17.1.2 and XCode 15 (tried beta too). It's heavily stunting our development.

I have the same problem, and no matter how many times I restart, it doesn't work. I'm running out of ideas

Anybody found a solution for this issue? After updating Xcode to 15.1 we are getting the same problem

I spent 2 days on this problem. After running xcode's Product -> Clean build forder, the certificate appeared in General -> VPN & Device Management on my iPhone. The problem occurred in iOS 17.2.1 version and was resolved. I hope my method helps you guys

• I have this issue occurred after updating to iOS17. This resolution worked for me right away. Thank you.

• Thank you, it solved 0xe8008015 !!

Add a Comment

I have exactly the same type of problem. Using xCode Version 15.1 (15C65). iPhone 15Pro running IOS 17.2.1. I used xCode to copy profile to phone but see only a VPN icon (not connected) and "Sign in to Work or School Account" under VPN & Device Management. Consequently xCode downloads the App but it won't run. Extremely annoyed at waste of time. What is Apple doing about this????? And now I get repeatedly "Your post couldn’t be saved. Please try again in a few minutes.". ***!!!

• This is the same issue I'm having. I already wasted 3 days on it and nothing I tried works

• Thanks, I believe this was the thing that fixed it for me!

• yes same problem form my side my iPhone iOS is 17.4.1 and my iPhone is 15 pro. and I am not able to show this option Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it. what can I do please help.

Add a Comment

I was just dealing with this, in my case the issue was that my device was never registered in my developer account. I use the device for my day job, and it was registered to that account, but not on my personal one.

On top of that, I had some pending PLAs to accept.

I noticed all this when I changed from manual to automatic managed signing in Xcode. Once I set it to automatic, accepted the PLAs, and registered the device, I could run my app on my device with no issue.

Same here deleting the app + restarting Xcode worked...

• I deleted the project's build folder and then rebuilt it, and it worked for me.

rm -rf ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/YourProjectName

Add a Comment