Apple tv VPN appp.

Hello there, I already have a native iOS vpn app that I developed and is already on the appstore working well, I decided to support tvOS, where I downloaded apple tvOS beta 17 on real device, downloaded latest xcode beta and setup my code, when connecting to vpn it fails alwas (Ikev2), my only question is may the error be from my code (where it works well on iOS) or apple does not support the vpn connection in beta till now ?

Does your app use Personal VPN? Or do you have a custom NE provider? AFAIK tvOS 17 beta supports the latter but not the former.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

@eskimo I believe it supports both, as I have successfully made the connection with IKEv2 native protocol using NEVPNManager. @HusseinKandil you can figure out whats failing from console logs. Simple filter out the logs with process nesessionmanager.

My app uses Personal VPN, so as you know that this will not work right? Also Wiregaurd and openVPN does not support tvOS yet so I should make my custom NE provider, right ?

My app uses Personal VPN, so as you know that this will not work right?

Correct.

A good way to check this is by looking at platform restrictions for the capabilities involved. To do this, use the technique described in Finding a Capability’s Distribution Restrictions. If you do this for the NE capabilities, you’ll see that:

• Network Extensions supports iOS, visionOS, macOS, and tvOS.

• Personal VPN supports iOS, visionOS, and macOS.

Also Wiregaurd and openVPN does not support tvOS yet so I should make my custom NE provider, right?

Both of those names denote both third-party products and third-party SDKs. I can’t comment on either, other than to say that, if you have questions about them, you should contact the vendor.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

@munibsiddiqui Hello Thanks for your answer From the time you make your reply and I am trying to connect in the way you are using (NEVPNManager), where if you take a look in the app store entitlements you will see that Personal VPN is not available on tvOS, If you please can you help me to achieve the connection. (Note that same code is working well on my iOS app)

Apple tv VPN appp.

Q