Siri Watch Face and RelevantIntentManager

I am trying to add a watch widget that I've created for Smart Stack feature of watchOS 10 to also appear in the list of shortcuts shown in the Siri Watch Face. It seems like Apple now wants us to use RelevantIntentManager for this purpose, but my widget never shows up in the Siri Watch face.

This is the code that I am using.

func timeline(for configuration: ConfigurationAppIntent, in context: Context) async -> Timeline<GenericEntry> {
[...]
        await updateRelevantIntents()
        return timeline
}
   func updateRelevantIntents() async {
        var relevantIntents = [RelevantIntent]()
        let defaults = UserDefaults.init(suiteName: "group.tesla.watch.maadotaa")!
        guard let name2VIN = defaults.dictionary(forKey: Constants.VEHICLE_NAME_VIN_DICT) as? [String:String] else {
            return
        }
        let carNames = Array(name2VIN.keys)
        for (idx, name) in carNames.enumerated() {
            let intent = ConfigurationAppIntent()
            intent.order = idx
            intent.carName = name
            intent.action = nil
            let txt = "\(name): info only"
            let relIntent = RelevantIntent(intent, widgetKind: "WatchWidget", relevance: RelevantContext.date(from: .now, to: .now + 3600 * 1))
            relevantIntents.append(relIntent)
        }
        do {
            try await RelevantIntentManager.shared.updateRelevantIntents(relevantIntents)
        } catch (let error) {
            print("\(#function): \(error.localizedDescription)")
        }
    }

Replies

My understanding is that the RelevantIntentManager / Smart Stack replaces the Siri Watch Face. The Siri Watch Face is effectively now deprecated, since it doesn't support suggestions that use AppIntent (only INIntents).

Having said all that: I'm having the same issue, in that no matter what I pass to RelevantIntentManager.shared.updateRelevantIntents, my widget is never automatically displayed in the Smart Stack in the same way that "Now Playing", "Stopwatch", "News" etc.. do.

I also can't find anything relevant in Console that would suggest something is going wrong. The widget can be added manually to the Smart Stack, but I want it to populate/depopulate automatically.