In app purchase goes to Entered Billing Retry after free trail

I have a VPN application published in the app store. Used Ikev2 for this personal VPN. There are two in-app purchases. One is 'Monthly' and another is 'Yearly' with 3 days free trial. We have seen something strange for the yearly subscriptions which has free trail, the cancellation reason through the billing issue is too high like 70-80% due to billing retry state. Some other apps which have billing issues under 10% always. We have done some research and found that if the user doesn't cancel and Apple is unable to charge then it goes to a billing retry state.

If users don't like the app, they could cancel their subscription/free trail easily but they are not doing this and why Apple unable to charge the bill after the trial ends. Am i missing something in the developer end?

Replies

These numbers can significantly vary by country, subscription duration and price points. Are you seeing subscriptions recover eventually or many the enter billing retry never recover. If you see some markets having low conversion rates, you can also considering adding a Pay as you go or pay up front introductory offer just for those markets. Or welcome to submit a ticket if you would like us to take a look. http://feedbackassistant.apple.com and reply with FB#.

• Thanks for the reply.

Subscriptions never recover from billing retry.
Add a Comment

Our issue is very similar to what’s described here. When we look at subscriptions, we see billing retry event state with about 60%+ since launch of the app(5Months).

We looked at different countries ranging from United States to Saudi Arabia. Similar apps have less than 15% of billing retry event.

Is there something in our in app purchase implementation that is causing this high rate?

What could be the reason?

@asadCat if you could be able to resolve your issue, I would appreciate if you could reply here.