iOS 17 beta 3: Virtual Keyboard does not move up TextField

In SwiftUI, Virtual Keyboard does not move TextField when the user taps on the TextField It works correctly on iPhone simulator (ie, the keyboard moves the TextField up so that it remains visible when the user taps on the TextField) but the keyboard cover the TextField on a real iPhone. It also works correctly on iPad.

I filed a feedback. Do you see the same problem?

Here is a code to reproduce the problem:

import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {
  @State private var name: String = ""

var body: some View {
    ScrollView {

Color.red
        .frame(height: 314)

Color.yellow
        .frame(height: 314)
    }
    .padding()
    .scrollDismissesKeyboard(.interactively)

TextField("Name:", text: $name)
          .padding()

}

}
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MeanRaw Down vote post of MeanRaw
3.1k views

Replies

I have this problem too, and it only started happening when I upgraded to iOS 17 Beta 3. Hoping for a quick fix as a lot of apps are affected.

same, works on simulator, not on phone. The safearea is not being affected by virtual keyboard

I've got this problem too.

The TextField goes up on the Simulator, but not in my iPhone.

I've just updated to iOS 17 beta 3. Maybe it's a bug 🥲.

Yes, same issue here. It’s a bug. The problem is both with TextField and TextEditor on the real iPhone. No issue on the simulator.

• I have seen the same issue across several 3rd party apps, not with Apple apps./

Add a Comment

This is the case on my iPhone 13 Pro as well in some apps running on iOS 17 Beta 3.

same here, I believe it’s been around since the first release of beta ios 17. iphone 12

Today Apple released an update to iOS 17 beta 3 which seems to have fixed this issue, at least fixed to me.

Agreed. The update has fixed it for me too.