Xcode 15 beta 2 - Build Error: "Failed to find or create execution context for description '<IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x600002588860>'"

After I've updated to Xcode 15 beta 2, I'm getting these build time errors, which I didn't see in beta 1.

Failed to find or create execution context for description '<IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x600002588860> System content for IBRealityIdiom-seventeenAndLater <IBScaleFactorDeviceTypeDescription: 0x600002588b60> scaleFactor=2x, renderMode.identifier=(null)'.

I've tried -

1. restarting the Xcode15 beta 2,
  2. re-installing Xcode 15 beta 2 and also its Commnad Line Tools
  3. Restarting the macOS (twice)

However, nothing has worked so far. I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas as to how to fix this issue, because I'm stuck without being able to build the projects.

Thanks in advance!

Answered by xCodeWarrior in 756959022

After spending annoying amount of time to figure this issue out, I was finally able to fix it for me.

This is stupid but, installing VisionOS runtime resolved the issue, for me.

This can be done in Xcode > Settings > Platforms

Accepted Answer

After spending annoying amount of time to figure this issue out, I was finally able to fix it for me.

This is stupid but, installing VisionOS runtime resolved the issue, for me.

This can be done in Xcode > Settings > Platforms

It appears that this is still an issue with beta 3.

Does anyone have an idea of why these particular .xib files fail to compile? Is there a fix that we should make to the file to work around the problem?

The bug is still there in beta 4. But I found a fix.

Open your .xib file, select the first property tab, and check the box to turn on "Use Trait Variations".

FB12587537

Xcode 15 beta 2 - Build Error: "Failed to find or create execution context for description '&lt;IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x600002588860&gt;'"

Q