iOS 17 System Storage Size

Has anyone noticed a huge increase in space used for System Storage in Beta 1? Mine shows 40 GB, and has caused me to run out of space.

• Yes I got too,do you find a way to to empty system data?

Add a Comment

Replies

Beta versions include debugging, analytics and testing versions of code / data and logs. So I would expect them to be considerably larger than final released versions.

I get that, but 40GB seems off. Some of my other test devices only have 1-2GB

@tbrass84 Did you got any solution to clear iOS 17 System Data? for me it took 46Gb!

Hi. I'm Ahnaf. I have the same issue ruining half the storage in system data around 65gb. i have upgraded to iOS 17. Please turn off the Analytics Data. Go to Settings>Privacy & Security>Analytics & Improvement> Share iPhone Analytics(Off). Problem Solved. iOS 17 Shares more data to Development Analytics. Thank Me later.

• @dkahnaf i have changed my settings and turned off. but my system data is still showing as 75GB. do i need to do anything else ?

Add a Comment

@dkahnaf - That setting was already in play when I updated to iOS 17 beta.

• @AshutoshVispute do you able to get any possible solution to clean this up ? its 75GB for me. struggling to clear space off .

Add a Comment

Still I have 90GB of my storage as System Data

Hi @kSudheerKrishna - didn't get a solution yet. Need to downgrade to iOS 16 via iTunes. That's the only solution left.