Xcode not working on macOS Sonoma

Whenever I try to open Xcode it gives me an error. I have Xcode on the latest version available on the App Store.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Ashk3000 Down vote post of Ashk3000
36k views

Accepted Reply

As you have seen, Xcode 14.3.1 will not work with Sonoma.
You will need to use the Xcode 15 beta, which can be downloaded from the Apple Developer website.

https://developer.apple.com/download/applications/

Replies

As you have seen, Xcode 14.3.1 will not work with Sonoma.
You will need to use the Xcode 15 beta, which can be downloaded from the Apple Developer website.

https://developer.apple.com/download/applications/

Same situation, you need Xcode 15 beta

But how can I update / publish app that is built with Xcode 14.3.1 on macOS Sonoma?

Add a Comment

But how can I update / publish app that is built with Xcode 14.3.1 on macOS Sonoma?

You can’t, because it’s never safe to use pre-release stuff to build release stuff.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Would be great if I could just deploy a TestFlight build for my beta testers from Sonoma. I can't remember how close to release Apple allows that. Will we be able to submit just for TestFlight soon?

• I simply want to test in Testflight NEW features of iOS17 on my dev-iOS17 devices. On Xcode 15, testflight ha a brad-new look BUT the button is unique: "TestFlight & App Store" so?

• I tried installing beta 4 and works.. a bit curious....

Add a Comment

同じ問題です。ダウンロードしようとするとアプリ入手不可能と表示され、この国地域ではまだ使いないようです。残念ですが正規版が発表されるまで開発はできません。

When I navigate to the site using the link above to update xcode 15 beta, I'm getting this file "Xcode_15_beta.xcdownloadmanifest". How do I xcode 15 beta install it?

• I had same problem. You have to use safari to download, and it downloads the dmg files. I. was using brave browser and it only downloaded the manifest as well.

Add a Comment

Hi @bigdaddy1 @Wykee can you please to check to see that you've allowed multiple file downloads from a website in your browser setting? If you have not, please enable it and try downloading again?

i downloaded both iOS_17_beta_Simulator_Runtime.dmg and Xcode_15_beta.xcdownloadmanifest now what do i do? both are not running even if i click it

• Estou na mesma situação.

• Uncheck the checkboxes, leave only the built-in MacOS one. It will download a .xip file, double click it to create a .app file, then when you open it, it will ask if you want to download IOS, IpadOS, etc.

Add a Comment

first uninstall xcode. then download xcode beta from website without choosing ios17 just download xcode beta don't choose anything After downloading the xcode beta, double click it will be created as an application in the downloads folder and move it to the applications folder then run it and you can download ios17 or other stuff.

You can still run it using Terminal open /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

• This is the best advice ever! I accidentally installed Sonoma OVER my Ventura instead of on a separate partition, and now I have to reformat my entire MBP to get back to Ventura. This is a great workaround to push some app updates.

• Did you manage to publish? it was possible to open xcode version 14, it was possible to build the project, send its assembly. However, during the review process, it got rejected due to a binary file error. I tried deleting the cache and updating to version 15, but it didn't resolve the issue. What could be the problem? Do I really need to install the previous version of macOS because there seems to be no way to update the application in the store?

• cannot submit build. it says invalid binary

works on xcode 15 beta 2 👍

FYI:

I'm running Xcode 15.4 and .5 beta on Sonoma and it continually crashes when trying to add a file. I was initially able to add one SwiftUI file but when trying to add a second, it just keeps crashing. What's weird is that I can see the file there physically in the project folder outside of Xcode but it doesn't show up in the Navigator. If I delete the file in the project folder and try to add again, it repeats the same issue. File is physically present in project folder outside Xcode only.

When I was updating the OS, I wasn't paying close attention and didn't realize that it was installing Sonoma, so I screwed myself.

• same for my. beta 5 crashes when adding new file.

• I had a spare SSD laying around, so I got it connected externally and re-installed Ventura. Xcode 15.5 works ok, aside from the preview crashes when trying to access and display data.

Add a Comment

in xcode 15.0 beta 5 (15A5209g) i create new cocoa touch class it will crash xcode

Even on Sonoma RC Xcode 14.3.1 doesn't work!!! Next week it's plan to make Xcode work again with the official release?

Next week it's plan to make Xcode work again with the official release?

I wouldn’t expect that. Historically, new versions of macOS only support the version of Xcode that’s released with them. I recommend that you move forward to Xcode 15 but, if you can’t do that, you should stay on macOS 13.

IMPORTANT This will likely only help temporarily, at least if you’re targeting the App Store. Historically App Store has required new submissions to use the new SDK, and hence the new Xcode. For example, as of 25 Apr 2023 the App Store requires you to use Xcode 14.1. AFAIK they’ve not published any such requirements for Xcode 15, but I’d be very surprised if that didn’t happen at some point.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• The problem is that I also develop with Visual Studio and it require iOS 14.3 SDK so I cannot use Sonoma?

• I am having the same problem...

• I solved the problem uninstalling Xcode 15 and installing the 14.3, after that, I set the "/Application/Xcode.app" in the "Location:" field in the Visual Studio > preferences > SDK Locations > Apple. Then I clicked in Restart Visual Studio button and worked.

Add a Comment