VisionOS SDK

Maybe it's just me but It's a bit weird to have so many Vision OS sessions when the beta SDK doesn't come out until later this month right? Like what's the point.. If we can't try building things.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ddixon91 Down vote post of ddixon91
2.6k views

Replies

I agree the timing is unfortunate. However, you should still take a look at our sessions and meet with engineers in the labs, we will be there to help you figure out what APIs you should use once the SDK is available. You can also use the developer forums to ask questions once the SDK is released later this month.

• As an involuntarily retired, disabled script kiddie on a fixed income, the price is all-important here. How much will the vOS SDK cost?

One webpage in developer.apple.com seems to imply that one must apply to get the VisionOS SDK and related tools. Is that above and beyond the free registration to get XCode and related tools or are all the vOS-specific tools still free for the hobbyist/dabbler/curious if they're registered as an Apple developer?

• All of our other SDKs and simulators for other platforms are free, so I would assume that the visionOS SDK is free as well. I’m not sure if there will be a cost associated with getting a hardware development kit for Vision Pro.

• What do you mean by a hardware development kit for Vision Pro?

And where can I send ideas about ways to enhance the platform?

I think this is a HUGE miss by Apple not having the SDK ready for WWDC. I was all excited about getting to make something new.

I agree! I'm a university professor here in Brazil. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this SDK and running some experiments.

Often things take longer than you think. Do it right.

Apple has created something that has never existed before, with specialized hardware to support the software. Lets give them time to get the platform/SDK settled and then it'll be a brand new playground for us to play in.

I thought that the SDK would be out at the end of June, but here it is 10 days early and given that I can't install it, I wish they had tested it for another 10 days...