Ethernet connection downgraded while asleep

Recently upgraded to the Ventura 13.4 beta (22F5037d) and I'm noticing that when my computer sleeps for a while (overnight, a couple hours) the ethernet connection drops from gigabit to 100baseT.

When I wake up the computer it doesn't upgrade its connection back to gigabit. If I unplug/replug the cable it will autodetect gigabit. If I manually change the network connection to 1000baseT it will also negotiate and work. deactivating and reactivating the service will also get it back to gigabit.

Swapping the cable made no difference. Using the power adapter vs the docks power didn't also didn't make a difference.

Once the computer is on gigabit it will remain there while the computer is being used (9+ hours) it only downgrades once the computer goes to sleep.

Mac is connected via thunderbolt to a cal digit TS4 dock which is then connected to a ubiquiti switch, not sure if that makes a difference (hopefully not!).

Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

The downgrade is no doubt a power-saving feature.

Presumably Apple have some complex and secret algorithm about how and when it upgrades after you start using it again.