Suddenly receiving error 21002 from verifyReceipt endpoint for sandbox receipt

• +1 we face the same issue starting from yesterday. all receipts verified against sandbox return error 21002

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• We are still getting 21002s. When curling the endpoint multiple times it will succeed once out of approximately every 10 requests.

• We're still experiencing this issue. I have filed FB11984721 (App Store Sandbox Receipt Verification).

• Also still experiencing the issue. I have filed FB11983534.

Replies

Ok, I tried using Restore Purchase item and it looks like the problem gets resolved (at least in sandbox!) with the help of certificate which is valid until Nov 17 20:40:52 2023 GMT. Looks like we'll have fun right before Thanksgiving day this time.

If someone is willing to check with production, I can provide 1 line of code and a couple terminal commands. Then those of us who had issues with production builds will have a way out... At least for the users who contacted us.

Add a Comment

Within the last half hour or so, Apple updated their status page to show the issue as resolved. We're showing purchases that were started yesterday in sandbox as being able to be restored now.

I tried 100 times with the same receipt. It stills shows 21002 (Sandbox) and normal back and forth. tried 100 times but only a few get responses. Any idea?

We're still experiencing this issue in Sandbox. We're POSTing to https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt and we consistently get 21002. Production seems okay.

Add a Comment

Still getting 21002 even if the status shows the outage was solved. We dont have the app published cause we thought is an error on our side. Go figure. Should I have any hopes the sandbox will work tomorrow? or rather go publish the app and consider the validation is working and they they wil really work after its in production

We are also still seeing this in the sandbox and in testflight builds. However, roughly 10% of purchase+verification attempts are succeeding.

• We are still getting 21002s. When curling the endpoint multiple times it will succeed once out of approximately every 10 requests.

• We're still experiencing this issue. I have filed FB11984721 (App Store Sandbox Receipt Verification).

• Also still experiencing the issue. I have filed FB11983534.

Also still experiencing the issue. I have filed FB11983534.

• Thank you for filing the bug report.

Add a Comment

Hi mate do you recommend using Revenuecat to support in-app subscriptions?I'm new in here, really appreciate it if you could offer some advices, thanks!!!!!

Hi, I am still getting the same issue and when I try the revenuecat receipt validator tool or direct link still get 21002.

Apple ID : 1551308775

This has started happening for me yesterday. Anyone else?