Problem loading icon for ApplicationToken with Label

After the Screen Time permissions have been provided by the user, when I create a label with the user's selected ApplicationToken or CategoryToken, it's often (not always!) show like this:

I instantiate the label like this, where app is an ApplicationToken or CategoryToken:

Label(app)
    .labelStyle(.iconOnly)

After the app is killed and reloaded, the icons show up fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is this an issue with the Screen Time API, or am I instantiating the label in the wrong way?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of eljojorojo Down vote post of eljojorojo
1.1k views

Replies

Can you open a stackoverflow question or better explain your issue?

This and other issues happen to us as well. Seems like Screen Time API problem.

Please file a bug report using Feedback Assistant and attach a sample app that reproduces the issue. Thanks in advance!

On my own device this never happens, but I've encountered this issue for a lot of my testers' devices. For some testers if they force quit the app it will work after, for other testers it just never works. It seems to be specific to application tokens only, category tokens work fine.

Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this?

Hi, we have the same isssue. Is it really no fix for 6 months? Please share all available information. We have these 3 dots, each time when we reload the phone and download new build. So it seems all new users will have it.

In this case I'm not even sure what filing a Feedback Assistant would look like - this since it's entirely a UI problem and one that unreliably occurs. But I assure any reader it's a real issue. @Kmart are you able to provide any update on this?

• If you repro reliably on a sample project, it's always useful to do a feedback assistant, with the sample joined, and device diagnostics. it will proabably fixed in a year or so, but still better than nothing ^^

Add a Comment

Hey, we have the same issue also. It doesn't seem to be happening to Opal. Anyone has any insights on this?

• We have it as well at Opal, but yeah it seems less frequent that for you guys, sorry but no clues for this

Add a Comment