13.1b2 - Unwanted "File Format:" popup appearing when saving from an NSDocument subclass.

I've got an app (Acorn) which uses a NSDocument subclass to manage the reading and writing of a number of different formats. I've always had my own Format popup in the Save window as an accessory to manage what file format the user would like to save as.

But now in Ventura 13.1b2, there's an additional "File Format" being added above mine, so now there's effectively two different ways to select a format for the document to save as. And this also happens for previous versions of my app that are no longer maintained.

What can I do about this, other than filing a bug report? (FB11776299)

Replies

Is this a behavior that can be reproduced in a small sample project? If so, I'd recommend you open a tech support incident as well, so that DTS can research what's changed.

I’ve narrowed this down a bit more.

In macOS 13 and earlier, when adding an accessory view in prepareSavePanel, you never needed to do anything else on the document subclass. - (BOOL)shouldRunSavePanelWithAccessoryView would return true I guess automatically.

In macOS 13.1b2, you need to implement shouldRunSavePanelWithAccessoryView and return NO for the previous behavior to occur. I can update my currently shipping app to do this, but I can’t update the previous versions. So it’s still a pretty big change IMO.

Sample project is now attached to the FB.