IPhone 14 Pro stuttering in most games when using touch controls

I noticed this strange issue with the iPhone 14 pro and pro max. In many games, when using the on-screen touch controls, there will be a huge amount of stutter and frame drops but connecting a controller and using that makes the game buttery smooth. Why is this happening? Is the display refresh rate confused by touch controls in the latest iOS 16.1?

Games where this happens, "Warped Kart Racers, "Genshin Impact", "GTA vice city", "Madden NFL Mobile", "Max Payne".

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

On devices with promotional displays, the FPS drops when tapping the screen. I also contacted Apple Developer Technical Support over a year ago and it still has not been fixed.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/695097

It also happen to me,especially when playing games,apple really need to fix it in next iOS update because this is really annoying

Apple needs to fix this. I am receiving bad reviews on my game because it stutters whenever they touch the display. Happens only on promotion iPhone 14 pro and iPhone 13 pro.

This happens on M2 iPad Pros as well: Genshin Impact, for example, runs differently at 60 FPS depending on whether the display refresh rate is left on default 120 or changed to 60. If you limit the display to 60 HZ in Settings, Genshin runs noticeably smoother at 60 FPS.

If the iPad is left at its default settings, there's a stutter while moving the camera that isn't gameplay or game-related (because the game itself doesn't lag when set to specific 100% smooth settings, which means it's Pro Motion that's the problem).

I’m having the same problem on my iphone 14pro when playing Hill Climb 2. What do you guys mean by “promotional” units? I got my iphone as part of the deal with a local career. Do these units have a problematic display ?

thanks

iOS 16.5 has been released and still this framedrop issue is not fixed. For a premium device this should not happen. This frustrating.

This is still a problem and puts a damper on the iPhone 14 pro and other pro motion displays. I think it is related to the variable refresh rate.

I first noticed it playing subway surfer. The screen would constantly stutter when I placed my finger on it to move the character.

I was shocked that my pixel 6 was running the game smoother than the iPhone 14 pro

iOS 16.6 has been released and still this framedrop issue is not fixed.

IPhone 14 Pro stuttering in most games when using touch controls

Q