CloudKit deploy shows unchanged fields with `unknownType`

I reset my Development environment to match Production. Then I added a new field of type Asset. Attempting to deploy to Production shows 22 field changes and 12 index changes, with the field types being marked unknownType. The diff view shows the correct attribute types, but also reflects the proposed removal of indices.

I'm hesitant to push to Production because iI worry my field types will be removed and my current users will see errors.

Has anyone seen this before? Anyone know if this is a bug?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of mbciarlo Down vote post of mbciarlo
1.5k views
  • fwiw, I also saw this two days ago. It's not often I change my CloudKit schema, so unsure how long this has been an issue. To resolve it to my own satisfaction, I manually restored the various indices in dev, such that the only change being pushed to production was the actual new fields, and it worked.

• Thanks for the tip! I may end up having to use that in order to move forward. I wonder if anyone from Apple can comment whether this is just a bug with the front-end.

Add a Comment